What Important Factors Should I Consider Before Deciding to Have Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Before you make any decision to have breast augmentation surgery there are many important factors that need to be considered and weighed carefully. An experienced Sydney cosmetic surgeon can help you weigh the pros and cons of this type of surgery, so that you can make an informed decision and get the best possible results. Some important factors that you need to think about before you even go to the initial consultation include:
- Size– The size of the breast implant that you choose will help determine the final appearance of your breasts. If you have a small frame then excessively large implants may not be ideal.
- Shape– Implants used for breast augmentation come in more than one shape. There are round, teardrop, and other shapes available for you to choose from. Each shape will have specific benefits and drawbacks involved.
- Type– Breast implants can be found in 3 main types. These are traditional silicone gel, highly cohesive silicone gel, and saline implants. Each type may be right for some breast augmentation procedures, but wrong for others. Each Sydney plastic surgeon may have a specific preference that they recommend based on their own experience and knowledge.
- Placement– During the plastic surgery your breast implants may be placed in a number of ways. Sometimes an incision is made in your armpit or other area instead of under the breast. You and your Sydney cosmetic surgeon will also need to determine whether the breast implants are placed in front of the pectoral muscle or behind it.
- Cost– This should never be the most important consideration, but it is a factor that needs to be looked at. Some breast implants are more costly than others, and adding a breast lift to the procedure can make it even more expensive. Most insurances do not cover breast augmentation for cosmetic reasons so you need to determine what you can afford to spend and decide which methods and implant types fit into your budget.
- Recovery– After breast augmentation some down time is required for recovery and healing. This can mean missing work and being unable to perform daily activities. You need to decide whether this is realistic given your situation and circumstances.
- Risks– Your Sydney plastic surgeon can clearly explain all of the risks involved with your specific breast augmentation procedures. Any type of surgery carries some risks and possible complications. General anesthesia is used during the procedure and this type of anesthesia also involves certain risks as well.
- Realistic expectations– If you are 60 then nothing is going to make your breasts look like they did when you were 20, but even at this age breast augmentation can help you achieve breasts that are more aesthetically pleasing.
- Breast lift and breast implant combo– In some cases breast implants alone may not give you the desired results and the Sydney cosmetic surgeon may recommend a breast lift in addition to the breast augmentation procedure.
To find out more about this or our other cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures, please contact Pure Aesthetics on (02) 919 97448 or send us an enquiry.