Chemical peels utilise chemical solutions that are applied to the skin to cause controlled exfoliation and remove damaged outer layers. The new, regenerated skin has improved appearance and texture.
Here at Pure Aesthetics we offer two types of Cosmeceutical Peels;
- Lactic/Malic Acid Peels: An AHA peel that increases cell renewal by resurfacing, increasing hydration of the skin, making it an excellent choice for lipid-dry skin that is prone to pigmentation.
- Pumpkin Peels: An alternative to acid peels, they utilise pumpkin ferment as their active ingredient. Available in 60% and 100% strengths, making the former suitable for pregnant women.
These products are produced using cold-pressed methods, such that the active ingredients are not destroyed. This means strengthened cell membranes and restored nutrients to the tissues.
What are the benefits of Cosmeceutical Peels?
- Minimally invasive
- Quick, walk-in, walk out procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Suitable for most skin types
- Improves the appearance of acne scars and other scarring
- Improves active acne by reducing bacteria growth and removing congestion
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Revitalises texture of photo-damaged skin
- Evens skin tone and restores radiance
- 60% pumpkin peels are safe for pregnant women.
The procedure: What does it involve?
Skin is thoroughly cleansed. The peel is applied for the appropriate amount of time depending on skin type.
The professional products used here at our plastic surgery practice provide effective exfoliation and increased cell turnover in a gentle, less aggressive manner than most peels available today. This means there is mild redness, stinging, flaking and irritation associated with peel treatments.
All peels can be enhanced with Retinoic Acid (Vitamin A) or TCA 10% if stronger peeling is required.
How many treatments do I need?
All treatment plans are tailored to suit the specific needs and goals of the patient. While the number of treatments will vary according to you skin type, typically, one treatment per week for a total of 6 treatments can help reach the desired outcome.
As part of a maintenance program, one treatment per month is recommended.
What products should I use post Cosmeceutical Peels?
By removing the damaged, outer layer of skin, Cosmeceutical Peels stimulate skin cell growth. Since the treatment exposes new skin, this can create a more vulnerable surface that is more porous and sensitive. We recommend that following after a cosmeceutical peel treatment:
- Vitamin serums such as Luzern Radiance to preserve the positive outcome
- Moisturiser or hydrating serum, like Luzern Rehydrate, to restore the skin’s protective layer/li>
- Sunscreen to protect against UV rays and retain moisture, such as Luzern La Defence, a broad spectrum SPF 30 mineral sunscreen
Do you have any more questions?
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions, so one of our friendly staff members can address your needs.