Dermal Needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that helps restore and accelerate the skin’s own regeneration of collagen and elastin via tiny microscopic wounds that cause the body to heal through its own natural restoring process.
These tiny microscopic wounds maximise the release of natural growth factors, eliminating the risk of pigmentation injury seen with some laser treatments.
Dermal Needling can be performed on the face, neck and décolletage and is a great treatment for acne scars and stretch marks. It is also recommended for improved skin tone and texture from photo-aging.
What are the benefits of Dermal Needling?
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Supports the synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Minimises pores and refines skin surface texture
- Dramatically smooths and retexturises coarse, thickened skin
- Reduces the appearance of acne scarring and stretch marks
- Less downtime compared to lasers
- No risk of heat injury
- Ideal for all skin types
- Can be used across a multitude of areas across the body
The procedure: What does it involve?
A topical anaesthetic is applied to the treatment area for total comfort and relaxation. A pen is brushed over the skin multiple times, to induce tiny perforations over the skin. Depending on the area treated, this will determine the amount of time required.
A minimum of 24 hours downtime can be expected with skin feeling dry and flushed for up to 10 days.
How many treatments do I need?
The extent of your treatment will depend on your skin type and needs. Results can typically be seen after 1 treatment. However, a series of 3 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart is typically required for optimal results. For treatment of deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars, a series of 6-8 treatments at 4 weekly intervals is usually recommended.
We recommend the following products after Dermal needling:
- Firming Collagen Booster from Luzern to optimise the results of the Dermal Needling
- Moisturiser or Hydrating serum to restore the skin’s barrier such as Luzern Rehydrate
- Sunscreen to protect newly exposed skin such as Luzern La Defence, a broad spectrum mineral sunscreen.
Do you have any more questions?
Please feel free to contact us any additional questions that you might have about Dermal Needling. Our team will be happy to address any concerns that you may have.